The transcript ordering site has been upgraded. Improvements have been made to the pages where you order transcripts. If you experience any problems while ordering, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Office of the University Registrar provides official grade transcripts bearing the Cornell University seal and the signature of the University Registrar for graduate and professional school applications, employers, and scholarships. The University maintains a single transcript for all students reflecting all courses taken at Cornell, including summer, extramural, undergraduate and graduate courses.
If you wish to see your grades, you can view and print them by semester through Student Center.
Order Transcripts and Track Requests Online
If you have an active NetID and your attendance at Cornell began after 1982, please order your transcripts online at Student Center (limit 10 copies per order for paper transcripts). If you have a hold that prevents the release of your transcript, we cannot process your request until the hold is cleared.
- Under Academics, select Official Transcript from the drop-down menu to access the Cornell Transcript Ordering Site. If you cannot access the Cornell Transcript Ordering Site, you may need to turn off pop-up blocking on your web browser or allow that site to open pop-up windows in your browser preferences.
- The first time you request a transcript, you will be asked to provide your Address Details. You will only be asked for this information once.
- After you submit your order, you will receive an email confirming your request has been received. You will also receive an email when your order has been processed.
- You can track the status of your order by selecting My Account in the top left corner of the Official Transcript Ordering Site.
- All requests for official eTranscripts will be processed within one business day of the order being placed. Anyone with Adobe Reader will be able to receive the secure transcript. Paper transcripts are typically processed within 1-2 business days (excluding peek processing periods) and are sent using First Class United States Postal Service.
NOTE: Orders for multiple paper copies to one address will be in one envelope; all but one copy will be in individually sealed envelopes. If you need to forward transcripts in individually sealed envelopes please order one more copy than the number that need to be sent.
If you last attended Cornell prior to 1982, please order by mail or via fax (607) 255-6262. Download the Transcript Request Form, fill it out, print it, sign it, and send or fax it to the Office of the University Registrar. Please limit your request to 10 copies per order.
Once we receive your order, the processing and first class U.S. mail delivery time is usually 7 to 10 business days. From December through February and from late August to mid-October, processing and mail delivery time may be up to 15 business days due to high volume.
If you attended Cornell after 1982, you can order online, but will need your NetID and password. There is a simple, two step process to obtain and activate your NetID.
- To find your NetID, go here and enter your name. The screen that appears should include your NetID.
- Next, go here to activate your NetID and follow the instructions provided.
Transcript with Apostille (paper transcripts only)
Some foreign governments and agencies require that diplomas and transcripts be certified with an apostille. There are a number of steps in obtaining the New York State apostille. You need to mail us a request with your signature and include the following:
- a coversheet requesting your documents be processed for apostille, please include your full name, date of birth, current mailing address including country, phone number, email address, the country requiring the apostille and your signature.
- any documents in your possession requiring the apostille
- a check for $3.00 (per document) made payable to Tompkins County Clerk
- a check for $10.00 (per document) made payable to New York State Department of State
- an envelope addressed to your desired destination with sufficient postage to get it there; the New York Department of State will mail your document with the apostille to the desired destination
The University Registrar’s Office will notarize the document(s) and take them to the County Clerk’s Office for certification. We will mail the certified document(s) to the New York Secretary of State for apostille. New York State will mail the document(s) to the desired destination.
Please note the fees are per document. Payment must be in U.S. funds drawn from a U.S. institution or bank.
On This Page
Office of the University Registrar
B07 Day Hall
Ithaca, NY 14853
Email us at: email@example.com.